Wednesday 5 December 2012

Home at last!

I'm back from Dundee.

Hopefully the large elastic band which was tethering me to the place has now snapped, or at least weakened. I did manage to escape during my last visit, alas only for one day. That did allow me to celebrate my birthday, albeit over a week late.

My next site is unclear at present, it could be Des Moines in Iowa or it could be Southampton. At least Southampton is only just up the road allowing me to be home every night, even if I will have to put up with Saints fans ( or Scummers as they're affectionately known in these here parts). It will also have the benefit of me being able to watch Pompey, and play golf.

I'm now on holiday until the new year, so I should be able play before Christmas, provided the course is open. I have some nice new shiny yellow balls; which should, hopefully, stop me losing so many of the little buggers. Mind you that's only if the fairway fairies don't like the colour. I might even stand a chance of beating Ross as he hasn't played for a month either.

There are lots of events coming up this month; the obvious Christmas dos, and also three birthdays and our wedding anniversary. With that amount of booze my golf should improve no end.

With all that going on, the only time I want to see or hear the word 'Dundee' is either on the football results, a jar of marmalade or a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment