Sunday 11 December 2011

Living the High Life!

I have been back in work for 7 weeks now and have spent the entire time (excluding weekends) living in hotels. Well just 2 actually; one in Milton Keynes and one here in Scotland.

If you think that staying in hotels is glamourous and you live the high life; think again. During my time in MK, I stayed in a lovely old coaching inn.

I had 4 different rooms during the 6 weeks I was there. Each had their own characteristics; one had a bath with a fixed shower off the taps but you couldn't reach the controls from outside the bath as the sink was next to the bath and a wooden post holding up the ceiling. Another had a bathroom so small you could turn the shower on from the toilet! The third had a floor that meant the table needed cardboard under a couple of the legs to keep it level and I rolled into the middle of the bed. The telly was small and at the other end of a long room so you needed binoculars.

My favourite room had a large telly and not too far from the bed. The bathroom had an interesting feature; it had a sloping ceiling and I was just the right height so when I went to the loo my head brushed the slope at the correct distance from the toilet, a handy feature if drunk!

I also spent 'glamourous' nights in my room eating salad as I tried to keep the weight off. This was to counter the occasional curry and beer. Even then most nights I was in bed by 8.30.

This last week I have been staying in a place called Broughty Ferry, near Dundee. There are five of us and tonight is the first I have managed to stay in my room and eat Slimming World food. I will try and stay in a couple of more times this week and watch telly or read.

I'm off home on Friday, just for the weekend. I will be flying from Edinburgh to Southampton; I hope the weather doesn't turn nasty as we are going out for our wedding anniversary, Ross's birthday and Michelle's mum's birthday. Besides all that we also have to fit in the game against Southampton.

On Monday I fly back up here to work, for a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment