Thursday 1 December 2011

Sorry about the lack of posts!

It's been quite a while since my last post; for which I apologise.

I was in Milton Keynes all this time (ok, I went home at weekends) where I was preparing for the job I am on now. On Monday I travelled to Dundee for a press refurbishment. I realised a couple of days ago that when I arrived on site, on Tuesday, it was 12 months to the date since I last set foot in a press hall. It's been a tough time for us since then but now things have picked up significantly and, although I have to be away from home, I am doing a job I know and love.

As part of my preparation for coming to Dundee I looked up local golf courses. St Andrews and Carnoustie are not far away, but in all honesty I really don't think they are ready for my style of golf, so I shall not grace them with my presence, yet!

There are some much nearer courses; one of which is about 2 minutes away fom the site and is quite cheap. I will, however have to wait until the spring or later to play as I don't think there will be much time to get out there. As the job is going on until next October a round after work is definitely on the cards due to the long, long days.

Michelle has had to cope with me being away and has done so magnificently; although she was ill for a week. She is going down to 2 days a week after Christmas giving her some time to write her book. This will also mean that she'll be able to visit me at weekends occasionally. It's also been tough as her Grandma and father have been ill. Hopefully they will recover soon.

The situation at Pompey has also taken a turn for the worse, hopefully a new buyer will surface soon. I am able to get to the next two home games, including Southampton! I just hope they aren't our last.

This time last year Pompey were in the doodah and I was about to leave the print industry. This year I am back in the print and Pompey are still in the doodah.

Bugger knows what next December holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment