Tuesday 25 October 2011

It only took one day

I am now gainfully employed again.

I have returned to work with a company that I've worked for twice before, and will now be back in the print industry as a Commissioning Engineer. The first three weeks will be spent training on old kit; which I've forgotten about, and also on the new kit. It's good to be back in an industry I've been involved with for nearly 25 years.

There is a side effect however, well two actually. I will be staying in hotels, a lot. This means eating in restaurants and pubs. It will take a great deal of will power to stay off the beer but it will be worth it, and also difficult to find food I can eat but keep within slimming guidelines.

Weight gain is one side effect which I will try and reverse but the second side effect has manifested itself after only one day. I speak of CEA, that is Commissioning Engineer's Arse! This is the bain of the CE's life and hit me this morning. Last night I went for a curry and had one with quite a few chillies; this morning the chillies reappeared rapidly and with malice.I was extremely glad that the extract fan in the bathroom was working at maximum efficiency

Tonight I will go for a Chinese, but I think I'll give the Szechuan section a miss.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Milton Keynes,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment