Sunday 9 October 2011

A suitable car to carry my clubs.

No golfie again this week.

I have been extremely busy; with no time to go to the club or even to the range for a bit of practice. I have been preparing for my new job, well I've been perusing the net for cars as I will be getting a company car. I have a certain monthly rental budget, but as of yet I don't know what this will stretch too with the leasing company that my company uses. I have found a site which will give me an idea of what would be available and I also have a site to work out the company car tax.

My criteria for the car are that; it must have Bluetooth and the boot must be big enough to accommodate 2 sets of golf clubs and trolleys; or a suitcase, a large bag of tools and a set of golf clubs. I have simple needs.

The choice would appear to be either an estate car or a 4x4. There aren't many fourbies that would be big enough and within budget, although I did find one 2wd version of a fourby which would not only be within budget, but come fully loaded with Bluetooth, sat nav, rear parking sensors and camera, auto headlights and auto windscreen wipers. I'm not sure how big the boot is so a trip to the dealer is in order. They also do an estate car with the same spec. The company car tax is reasonable too!

There are another couple of manufacturers I'm considering so I will be lining up some test drives and testing the load spaces with golf clubs.

I have also purchased an iPad 2 as has Michelle. This may appear a little on the extravagant side, but as my new job will mean me be away from home for long periods, we can talk to each other on FaceTime, thus saving our phone bills.

It also means I can carry on blogging as I have done so today. The nature of the blog may change slightly, but I will try to keep it about golf as I intend to play as much golf or go to as many practice ranges as I can.

This should widen my golfing experience; allowing me to play lots of different courses. I shall of course, dear reader, keep you fully informed of my progress, or, more likely, lack of progress.

In the meantime I shall endeavour to play as much as I within the next 2 weeks. Now where did I put those car brochures.. er golf clubs?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Bradshaw's Ln,Southport,United Kingdom

3 comments:

  1. Hey Phil, I can thoroughly recommend the Ford S-Max, drives like a car with the loss space of a van, I have had a six foot dresser in the back which I reckon is easily 4 sets if clubs worth.
    2 litre titanium has loads of oomph too, and with winter tyres it drives like a dream on snow, and used a fraction of tje fuel of a fourbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, I've thought about the S-Max but I haven't looked at the rental cost and company car tax implications yet so I'll do that later. The ones I'm thinking about are Mondeo estate, Peugeot 508 estate and the Hyundai i35 & i40 estate. Both the Hyundais come fully loaded for less than the 508 & Ford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked the tax on an S-Max, far too much and not the same level of trim.

    ReplyDelete