Friday 15 July 2011

More therapy


I went out for my extra therapy today. I met up with a lovely retired couple who were out for the first time this year, so we played a 3 ball.

My tee shot on the first was hit marvellously but, unfortunately, ended up on the 18th fairway. I had to play backwards through a gap in the trees but spectacularly missed and ended up taking 4 shots to get back to the fairway on the first. Two more duff shots followed and so, as there was quite a backlog on the first tee, I picked up and followed my two new friends to the green. 

The second hole started off much better and I hit a magnificent tee shot. The second ended up lost in the rough; I placed another ball down and took 2 to get back to the short stuff. It then took 3 to the green and 2 putts. It didn’t really matter as I was having a wonderful time just chatting.

The third tee shot was the right distance but ended up in long rough on the left. I spent some time looking but we called a 4 ball through. As I stood back to watch I stood on my ball. It still took 5 more shots to hole out and this is a par 3!

The fourth was probably my best hole, especially my second shot which went over the trees and landed perfectly on the green about 20 feet below the fairway. I should have parred but ended up 1 over. I was also 1 over on the par 3 fifth but the tee shot was magnificent; definitely the best I’ve ever done on this hole.
We played the 6th, 7th and 8th before we all headed for the car park. My golf wasn’t brilliant but I had a wonderful time chatting to my new friends. Hopefully we will meet up again soon. I have mentioned before, this really isn’t about the golf, it’s about friendship and I’m so glad I decided on some more therapy this morning.

The weather forecast for the next few days isn’t good so I’m not sure when I’ll be out next. That said, it’s Pompey’s first home friendly of the season against Chelsea tomorrow and I’m sooo looking forward to that.

This is a different kind of therapy and is only for the seriously delusional; you may think you’ll get your handicap down to 10 or below, we think we’ll finish in the top 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment